Doulton Chlorasyl 9704
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Model: Chlorasyl 9704
- An ideal choice for city water containing chloramines as a primary or secondary disinfectant. Three-stage ceramic filter candle innovatively designed to effectively remove or reduce chloramines, chlorine, bacteria, cysts, and suspended solids, all while retaining the beneficial minerals in your water.
- Particulate Rating: Absolute (>99.99%): 0.9 micron, Nominal (>99.9%: 0.5 – 0.8 micron
- Capacity: 3800L
- Pathogenic Organisms: Bacteria Removal E. Coli / Cholera / Shigella / Typhoid / Klebsiella Terrigena. >99.99%
- Cyst Reduction: (including Giardia and live Cryptosporidium): >99.99%
- Chlorine Reduction @ 2ppm: >97%
- Chloramine Reduction @ 3ppm, Tested to 650 US gallons: 95%
- Nominal Particulate Reduction: CLASS 1
- Turbidity Reduction: >98%
Why and What is Chloramine?
- More and more, municipalities have begun to use chloramine (often called monochloramine), which is a combination of ammonia and chloramine, as the primary disinfectant of its' water supply. More than 1 in 5 Americans are exposed to this toxin on a daily basis. Consumers have demanded a product that is efficient at removing chloramine for these reasons:
- 1. Like chlorine, it produces a strong chemical taste and odor to the water.
- 2. Exposure can be through ingestion and inhalation and can cause long-term respiratory issues including lung damage, mucus membrane, skin diseases, along with short-term respiratory sensitivity.
- 3. Chloramine can produce even more toxic disinfectant by-products than chlorine, such as; iodoacids.
- 4. Chloramine has proven to be less effective at killing bacteria. Immune compromised individuals without a capable filter would still be recommended to boil their water to ensure sterilization.
- 5. Chloramine is considerably more difficult to remove than chlorine.